CHIEF ACCOUNTING OFFICER in Barcelona, SPAIN
Our clinet, a worldwide key player in the Sensors Business with a strong brand that is recognized for its excellence and expertise, is looking for Chief Accounting Officer to manage their finance operations in Spain. As head of local finance, this person will manage accounting, finance and audit tasks to achieve compliance with laws and internal instructions, as well as work alongside the regional CFO and Country management to support and secure financial operations. The scope will embrace Iberia and business export flows to MEA and South Am customers.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Financial analysis and budgeting: prepare financial statements and reports on current company financial position. Direct a monthly closing procedure. Review & consolidate balance sheet elements.
- Tax compliance: maintains conformity to all local and corporate laws and policies. Ensure tax filing.
- Ensure controls are embedded locally for internal / external audit.
- Manage operations with accountant pool or external accounting firm to perform monitor the general/sub ledger accounting.
- Handle local Credit collection, analyse risk and manage exposure to customer credit, in relation with Corporate Credit Manager
- Treasury: Manages and analyses financial operations including cash flow generation for a country. prepare payments cash out and validation.
- Experience: At least 5 years of experience in Senior Accounting, working in various accounting and auditing positions.
- Education level: Master’s degree in accounting – CMA/CPA.
- Languages: Professional level of Spanish and English. Third language is a plus (French or German).
- Techincal accounting skills. SAP Ledgers and advanced Excel.
- Soft skills: communication skills, agile and reactive, ownership and achievement oriented.
- Location: Barcelona, Spain.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Dynamic and challenging position working in a multinational company in the industrial sector, hand by hand with the country manager.
- Participating in company’s current process of transformation.
- Salary range: 65.000 – 70.000 € yearly gross + variable.
- Hybrid work option.